Set-up, operate and maintain assigned CNC machining and machining equipment in such a manner as to ensure compliance with all established policies, procedures, and work instructions. Check parts to print, utilizing various gages, and assure that all parts meet first piece quality requirements and perform all tasks per work instructions provided.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
Knowledge of machining operations, the ability to perform own set-ups, make offsets, edit programming, read blueprints, use and understand various gage systems such as micrometers, calipers, indicators, and plug gages. Strong mechanical aptitude and 5 years combined formal training and experience, or the equivalent in CNC machining.
- Operate any of the equipment in the machining department in accordance with operator instructions while complying with all Company safety and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Communicate with previous and future shifts operator(s) in regards to machine performance and the production run during shift overlaps.
- Check and ensure proper tooling is at your workstation.
- Ensure all proper documentation is at a workstation and perform SPC, the first piece, and in-process inspection, as instructed.
- Perform machine set up and offsets as required.
- Ensures work area is neat and orderly.
- Maintain Tooling Log Sheets: complete tooling changes and adjustments as required.
- Complete TPM in a timely manner.
- Performs any other duties as required.
Hilite International is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V